THE .17 Hornet IS ALSO KNOWN AS:
.17 Hornady Hornet, .17 Ruger Hornet
SUMMARY OF THE .17 Hornet CARTRIDGE:
The .17 Hornet (AKA: .17 Hornady Hornet, .17 Ruger Hornet) is a Center Fire cartridge with a Bullet Diameter of 0.172 in” (4.37mm) that is primarily used in Rifles. The .17 Hornet originated in The United States in (UNKNOWN DATE). The .17 Hornet also has a case length of 1.35 in” (34.29mm) and an overall length of 1.72 in” (43.69mm).
Additional Cartridge Designations: No Additional Information at this time.
The .17 Hornet Firearm Cartridge Originated in The United States
- Year Introduced:
- Country of Origin: The United States
- Case Type: Rimmed, Bottleneck
- Primary Application: Rifles
- Bullet Diameter: 0.172 in” (4.37mm)
- Neck Diameter: 0.194 in” (4.93mm)
- Shoulder Diameter: 0.294 in” (7.47mm)
- Base Diameter: 0.298 in” (7.57mm)
- Rim Diameter: 0.345 in” (8.76mm)
- Rim Thickness: 0.05 in” (1.27mm)
- Case Length: 1.35 in” (34.29mm)
- Overall Length: 1.72 in” (43.69mm)
- Case Capacity: 14.7 gr H20 (0.95 cm3)
- Primer: Center Fire (Small Rifle)
- Rifling Twist: 1:9 in (229mm)
- Max Pressure: 50000 psi (345 MPa)
- CIP Pressure:
- CIP Proof Test:
NOTE: This Firearms Cartridge Library is currently in BETA and may not contain complete information or data. The data displayed here by Bullet-Blog is for information use only and should not be used as a reference for reloading live ammunition. When consulting the information on this site or any other information source regarding firearms or ammunition, always compare information against a second or third reference such as a trusted industry authority or reloading manual. Use information here at your own risk.
* Relative to ruler-scaled image above. Size will vary by screen and device used for viewing.
Cartridge Data Published On: January 19, 2015 at 5:23 pm by Bullet-Blog and last updated on February 1, 2015 at 2:22 am