THE .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire IS ALSO KNOWN AS:
SUMMARY OF THE .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire CARTRIDGE:
The .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire (AKA: .17 HMR) is a Rimfire cartridge with a Bullet Diameter of 0.179 in” (4.55mm) that is primarily used in Rifles and Pistols. The .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire originated in The United States in (UNKNOWN DATE). The .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire also has a case length of 1.058 in” (26.87mm) and an overall length of 1.349 in” (34.26mm).
Additional Cartridge Designations: No Additional Information at this time.
The .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire Firearm Cartridge Originated in The United States
- Year Introduced: 2002
- Country of Origin: The United States
- Case Type: Rimmed, Bottleneck
- Primary Application: Rifles
- Bullet Diameter: 0.179 in” (4.55mm)
- Neck Diameter: 0.19 in” (4.83mm)
- Shoulder Diameter: 0.238 in” (6.05mm)
- Base Diameter: 0.238 in” (6.05mm)
- Rim Diameter: 0.286 in” (7.26mm)
- Rim Thickness: 0.05 in” (1.27mm)
- Case Length: 1.058 in” (26.87mm)
- Overall Length: 1.349 in” (34.26mm)
- Case Capacity:
- Primer: Rimfire (Rimfire)
- Rifling Twist: 1:9 in (229mm)
- Max Pressure:
- CIP Pressure: 180 MPa (26107 psi)
- CIP Proof Test: ~234 MPa (33939 psi)
NOTE: This Firearms Cartridge Library is currently in BETA and may not contain complete information or data. The data displayed here by Bullet-Blog is for information use only and should not be used as a reference for reloading live ammunition. When consulting the information on this site or any other information source regarding firearms or ammunition, always compare information against a second or third reference such as a trusted industry authority or reloading manual. Use information here at your own risk.
* Relative to ruler-scaled image above. Size will vary by screen and device used for viewing.
Cartridge Data Published On: December 21, 2014 at 12:36 am by Bullet-Blog and last updated on February 1, 2015 at 2:22 am