THE .17 Hornady Mach 2 IS ALSO KNOWN AS:
SUMMARY OF THE .17 Hornady Mach 2 CARTRIDGE:
The .17 Hornady Mach 2 (AKA: .17 HM2) is a Rimfire cartridge with a Bullet Diameter of 0.172 in” (4.37mm) that is primarily used in Rifles and Pistols. The .17 Hornady Mach 2 originated in The United States in (UNKNOWN DATE). The .17 Hornady Mach 2 also has a case length of 0.714 in” (18.14mm) and an overall length of 1 in” (25.4mm).
Additional Cartridge Designations: No Additional Information at this time.
The .17 Hornady Mach 2 Firearm Cartridge Originated in The United States
- Year Introduced: 2004
- Country of Origin: The United States
- Case Type: Rimmed, Bottleneck
- Primary Application: Rifles
- Bullet Diameter: 0.172 in” (4.37mm)
- Neck Diameter: 0.18 in” (4.57mm)
- Shoulder Diameter: 0.226 in” (5.74mm)
- Base Diameter: 0.226 in” (5.74mm)
- Rim Diameter: 0.275 in” (6.99mm)
- Rim Thickness: 0.04 in” (1.09mm)
- Case Length: 0.714 in” (18.14mm)
- Overall Length: 1 in” (25.4mm)
- Case Capacity:
- Primer: Rimfire (Rimfire)
- Rifling Twist: 1:9 in (229mm)
- Max Pressure:
- CIP Pressure: 180 MPa (26107 psi)
- CIP Proof Test: ~234 MPa (33939 psi)
NOTE: This Firearms Cartridge Library is currently in BETA and may not contain complete information or data. The data displayed here by Bullet-Blog is for information use only and should not be used as a reference for reloading live ammunition. When consulting the information on this site or any other information source regarding firearms or ammunition, always compare information against a second or third reference such as a trusted industry authority or reloading manual. Use information here at your own risk.
* Relative to ruler-scaled image above. Size will vary by screen and device used for viewing.
Cartridge Data Published On: December 21, 2014 at 12:36 am by Bullet-Blog and last updated on February 1, 2015 at 2:22 am