THE .17 Bobcat IS ALSO KNOWN AS:
SUMMARY OF THE .17 Bobcat CARTRIDGE:
The .17 Bobcat (AKA: ) is a Center Fire cartridge with a Bullet Diameter of 0.172 in” (4.37mm) that is primarily used in Rifles. The .17 Bobcat originated in (UNKNOWN ORIGIN) in (UNKNOWN DATE). The .17 Bobcat also has a case length of 1.69 in” (42.93mm) and an overall length of (UNKNOWN).
Additional Cartridge Designations: Wildcat Cartridge.
- Year Introduced:
- Country of Origin:
- Case Type: Rimless, Bottleneck
- Primary Application: Rifles
- Bullet Diameter: 0.172 in” (4.37mm)
- Neck Diameter: 0.196 in” (4.98mm)
- Shoulder Diameter: 0.365 in” (9.27mm)
- Base Diameter: 0.373 in” (9.47mm)
- Rim Diameter: 0.374 in” (9.5mm)
- Rim Thickness: 0.045 in” (1.14mm)
- Case Length: 1.69 in” (42.93mm)
- Overall Length:
- Case Capacity: 28.66 gr H20 (1.86 cm3)
- Primer: Center Fire (Small Rifle)
- Rifling Twist: 1:10.75 in (273mm)
- Max Pressure:
- CIP Pressure:
- CIP Proof Test:
NOTE: This Firearms Cartridge Library is currently in BETA and may not contain complete information or data. The data displayed here by Bullet-Blog is for information use only and should not be used as a reference for reloading live ammunition. When consulting the information on this site or any other information source regarding firearms or ammunition, always compare information against a second or third reference such as a trusted industry authority or reloading manual. Use information here at your own risk.
* Relative to ruler-scaled image above. Size will vary by screen and device used for viewing.
Cartridge Data Published On: February 1, 2015 at 2:15 am by Bullet-Blog and last updated on February 1, 2015 at 2:22 am