THE .17 Ackley Hornet IS ALSO KNOWN AS:
SUMMARY OF THE .17 Ackley Hornet CARTRIDGE:
The .17 Ackley Hornet (AKA: .17 Ackley Hornet, .17-22 Hornet Ackley Improved, .17-22 Hornet Improved) is a Center Fire cartridge with a Bullet Diameter of 0.172 in” (4.37mm) that is primarily used in Rifles. The .17 Ackley Hornet originated in The United States in Approximately the 1950’s. The .17 Ackley Hornet also has a case length of 1.39 in” (35.31mm) and an overall length of 1.47 in” (37.34mm).
Additional Cartridge Designations: Wildcat Cartridge.
The .17 Ackley Hornet Firearm Cartridge Originated in The United States
- Year Introduced: Approximately the 1950’s
- Country of Origin: The United States
- Case Type: Rimmed, Bottleneck
- Primary Application: Rifles
- Bullet Diameter: 0.172 in” (4.37mm)
- Neck Diameter: 0.195 in” (4.95mm)
- Shoulder Diameter: 0.295 in” (7.49mm)
- Base Diameter: 0.345 in” (8.76mm)
- Rim Diameter: 0.345 in” (8.76mm)
- Rim Thickness: 0.06 in” (1.52mm)
- Case Length: 1.39 in” (35.31mm)
- Overall Length: 1.47 in” (37.34mm)
- Case Capacity: 15.1 gr H20 (0.98 cm3)
- Primer: Center Fire (Small Rifle)
- Rifling Twist: 1:10 in (254mm)
- Max Pressure: 50000 psi (345 MPa)
- CIP Pressure:
- CIP Proof Test:
NOTE: This Firearms Cartridge Library is currently in BETA and may not contain complete information or data. The data displayed here by Bullet-Blog is for information use only and should not be used as a reference for reloading live ammunition. When consulting the information on this site or any other information source regarding firearms or ammunition, always compare information against a second or third reference such as a trusted industry authority or reloading manual. Use information here at your own risk.
* Relative to ruler-scaled image above. Size will vary by screen and device used for viewing.
Cartridge Data Published On: January 19, 2015 at 5:23 pm by Bullet-Blog and last updated on February 1, 2015 at 2:22 am